Meet the Team
The Sweetwater Music Education Technology Division team has decades of experience working with music educators, answering questions, and assembling all types of music labs. They understand all aspects of music education technology — and the realities of working within your program's budget.
- An outstanding selection of instruments, gear, and technology
- Personal, one-on-one service
- Expert advice from our experienced staff
- Great prices to fit your program's budget
- Exclusive music education-related print content
At the Sweetwater Music Education Technology Division, you get:
- Vern Crews Vern Crews, Sweetwater Music Education Technology Division Director Formerly the general manager of Lentine's Music, Sweetwater Music Education Technology Division Director Vern Crews brings over two decades of experience to the job. Vern understands the needs of music educators and programs, and he knows how to help you get the most out of your budget. Whether you're looking for the best product for your music class or want to assemble an entire keyboard lab from the ground up, Vern has the answers you need.
- Michael Faz Illinois native Michael Faz comes to the Sweetwater Music Education Technology Division with a B.S. in music education from Indiana Wesleyan University, and with experience as a school band director. He is fluent on multiple musical instruments, including bassoon, clarinet, saxophone, piano, alto horn, and percussion. Michael is also very familiar with computer audio systems, virtual instruments, and keyboards.
- Jim Swain One of Sweetwater's first Sales Engineers, Jim Swain has been with us since 1991. Early on in his two-plus decades here, Jim found his niche in education-related sales. His background in music education, deep familiarity with MIDI and recording, and wealth of experience make Jim an excellent resource for music educators who want to build their programs around the right gear.
- David Snyder With a 25-year history as a successful musical director, composer and orchestrator, David Snyder brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the MET team. He received his BA in conducting from Occidental College, and studied Film Scoring at the famed Grove School in Los Angeles. Active in the Broadway community for many years, David is well-versed in the needs of school theatre and music programs, including wireless systems, notation software and keyboard programming.